My bold drawing style lends itself to vector art, and a digital workflow is best for my clients, who often need art that is scalable and easily modified for use in color or in black and white.
I like to kick off a project with a phone call so we can sort out the initial details quickly and see where the conversation takes us.
I will need to know:
- The illustration and/or design needs (subject matter, style, number of images)
- Size and file format specifications for the artwork
- What business entity(ies) will be using and paying for the artwork
- The deadline
With this information I can create a project-based estimate and a timeline to guide us through production.
I break production into several checkpoints for client review and ask that all decision-makers be involved in each step. This keeps me aligned with the clients’ expectations and avoids late-stage revisions and delays.
My typical workflow looks like this:
- Concept sketches
- Refined sketches
- Proposed color palette if needed
- Digital line art
- Refined digital line art
- Color added to digital line art if needed